Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Nashville Pics up Next!

Getting ready to upload the Nashville Pics.  Adam and I along with Clark and Janet Bibb took a trip to Nashville to the Commodity Classic courtesy of Clark and his winning Sorghum!!! He earned this trip through Monsanto. Since Adam sold him the seed we get to go too! Always a good time with the Ole Gray One! Now, if you would have asked me 20 yrs ago if I would be going on vacation with with Bibbs I would have probably told you, you were crazy! Funny how the world goes round!

We stayed at the Opryland Hotel.  Which is beautiful. I had been there in 1998 at Christmas time with John Deere to do an Expo and had always wanted to take Adam back. It was neat to see it this time of year too! One extra bonus we got while there was experiencing some severe weather in Tennessee.  Now, this seemed much like a regular thunderstorm to us here in KS but they pulled out all the stops in TN! The night before the storm we got notes under our door warning us of the severe weather ahead and proper evacuation orders.  The day of the storm we toured the Hermitage and Belle Meade Plantation. When we got back to the hotel we had hotel staff greet us to the door and usher us to the basement of the Opryland hotel.  Which by the way is not as pretty as above ground! We got to hang out down there for about 30 minutes with a bunch of other people we did not know.  Including guys from the workout room.  It was odd.  Anyway, besides that, here are the things we toured and did while in Nashville:

Opryland Hotel http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-opryland/
Hermitage - Andrew Jackson's Home http://www.thehermitage.com/
Belle Meade Plantation - The home of Iroquios the Thoroughbred.  Iroquois (1878–1899), He was quite the STUD! http://bellemeadeplantation.com/
Downtown Nashville
Cooters - Cooters shop from Duke's of Hazzard http://www.cootersplace.com/museum/nashville/
Country Music Hall of Fame http://countrymusichalloffame.org/
Wild Horse Saloon - With a performance by Luke Bryan http://wildhorsesaloon.com/
Grand Old Opry - Mike Snider (HeeHaw), Sarah Darling,Joey and Rory John Connelly (Rose Colored Glasses), Darryl Worley http://www.opry.com/-

FYI - I upload my pics from Picasa.  Therefore I make several post at a time b/c they only let me post 20 pics at a time. And if you haven't figured out, I'm a picture Nazi!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment